The 10 Steps of Remodeling Your Kitchen
Deciding to remodel your kitchen doesn't have to be overwhelming. By understanding each step of the remodeling process and the order in which they should be completed, stress can be quickly dissolved. Here are the ten steps required to achieve a high-quality kitchen renovation.
- Demolition of Walls and Cabinets. Although the demolition phase of the kitchen walls and cabinets may sound like fun, it is important to follow the proper procedure.
- Replace Necessary Plumbing. During this step, it is likely that plumbing will be found that is due to be replaced. This is a very important part of the process since older plumbing can lead to costly issues later on.
- Electrical Installation and Replacement. Any wiring that needs to be replaced or installed for new or existing lighting is taken care of while the open walls provide easy access.
- Hanging Drywall. Now that the plumbing and wiring has been taken care of, it is time to hang the new drywall. During this step, the drywall seams will be sealed with mud and then carefully sanded.
- Painting the Ceiling and Walls. It is best to paint the ceiling and walls of the kitchen prior to the floor and cabinet installations.
- Kitchen Flooring. During this step in your kitchen remodeling, your contractor will carefully install the flooring and baseboards.
- Cabinet Installations. This step is typically finished quickly, but requires expert installation to ensure that the cabinets are secure and flush.
- Kitchen Countertops. In order to complete this step, all electrical and plumbing work must be completed first. Countertops that have been customer ordered may take several weeks to arrive.
- Backsplash Installation. Backsplashes that are made from varying materials will need to be installed after the countertops.
- Appliances, Hardware, and More. The final step to your kitchen remodeling project is the installation of the appliances, faucets, and hardware such as drawer and cabinet knobs.
At All Seasons Quality Renovations we are proud to offer our clients the professionalism and efficiency of a full-service residential contractor. Contact us today and let our team help with all of your kitchen remodeling needs!